Tuesday 27 October 2009

Dead End

When you've driven into a dead end and the only way out is back where you came from, you start to question yourself and wonder why you didn't just read the signboards properly before you made the turning. Life is very much like that, people tell you not to do it, but without thinking, you jump right into whatever you think is right at that moment, only to realize you made a mistake.

I think back to the time where my parents told me to be rational and to reason out my decisions but being the rebellious one I am, I chose my own path. After all the misery, pain and anger, I walked out and found the road back out to be even longer and darker than expected. All these feelings force me into a state of emotional paralysis as I sit here and think of a solution to it.

A long silence. I drop a coin and it brings me back to reality.

..............................

When I close my eyes, slowly, my mind drifts off to see all these events occurring simultaneously. Somehow, a faint image of you appears in front of me and I find peace in your presence. I don't know how you do what you do but what you do to me makes me a better person and for that I keep this smile on my face. :)

Where the past haunts me, I know that you'll light the road ahead of me and watch me get through this. You're such an angel and I cant be anymore grateful than I am now.

You make me smile.

1 comment: