Tuesday 13 January 2009

The Fear of Change

I use to block when dream when I allow my fear to grow bigger than my faith. But now I realise nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. I realize fear is a darkroom where negatives develop.

Today, I keep your fears to myself but share my courage with others. Some how I think panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it. Do you agree with me?

Personally I think many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them. This is because there is much in the world to make us afraid. There is much more in our faith to make us unafraid.

Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them… they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.

So, to fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another.

As for me, I would sort out all the arguments and see which belonged to fear and which to creativeness. Other things being equal, I would make the decision which had the larger number of creative reasons on its side.

I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change…. I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back.

No comments: