Saturday 10 January 2009

What life has taught you?

Have you ever think what life has taught you? To me, life goes on even when something tragic strikes you down.

No matter how hopeless, alone, or uncertain I may feel at that moment, and the many empty moments that will follow, I must have faith that eventually my life will be normal again.

Although I will never return to the normal that I knew before the tragedy, in time I will eventually experience the healing of my heart, which will ease my restless soul and release the power to my spirit allowing my mind the freedom to dream again.

I think God doesn’t expect me to figure out why things happen nor does he expect me to be unaffected by the suffering I witness.

He does however grant me a new kind of peace to bear the pain I experience in my own life and in the world around me.

In every bad thing that happens, eventually good will follow. The good doesn’t make the bad better nor does it fill the void I have as a result of the tragedy.

The good is a simple reminder that God is with me! Don’t you think so?

No comments: