Tuesday 16 December 2008

Full House® Lifestyle Store and Cafe




This place has been the talking point of the town for quite sometime. How can I ever give this place a miss?

Straight to NZX Commercial Centre, a new hyped hangout area located in Ara Damansara. You might heard of this place similar to the one in Singapore called “Niu Ze Xui” in Mandarin or Ngau Zhe Shuey” in Cantonese. A concept of open-air commercial centre whereby you can shop, dine and exhibit events for people of all ages.

If you ain’t got no idea how to get to this place, fret not. It’s right opposite Kelana Jaya Putra LRT Station and before you reach Giant at LDP highway. Still not good enough? If you are so lost, watch his YouTube video map on how to go to NZX. So, if you still fail to reach this place, I suggest you make a u-turn, go back home and sleep. That’d be ideal.

Initially, the driving force for me to go to NZX is this Fullhouse Lifestyle Store and Cafe. At first glance, you’d probably think that why on earth that that there’s so many people flocking in a store that sells household decoratives. Why some are just sitting there and chatting?

There’s so many people that you even have to stand and queue before you can be seated. Fine, it was a night time, with some Disney Lantern Exhibition going on.

When you finally notice that some are even eating, then you will eventually realize this is a lifestyle store cum cafe. Indeed, Fullhouse shares this concept of dining with several options of household decoratives up for your grabs. I’ll have to say that most people come here for the environment nonetheless.



The interior design of the store is pretty much old school. It reminds me back to the days I watched those TVB drama houses, when the British still rule Hong Kong and when the Opium War has not ended.



Many types of house decorative items are sold in this store. Photo frames, candles, clocks, antique telephones and jugs. Nice to see, nice to hold. Once poisoned, considered broke (your wallet).



I’m particularly fascinated with these vintage telephones. It is the stylish 70s phone that I used to play around when I was still a small midget at my grandma’s house.



How about these marterpiece clocks?




Nah, don’t buy these clocks. It is not even working. I don’t understand the bird cage being left on the floor. Shouldn’t it be hanged somewhere else?

Christmas is round the corner. These decoratives are ideal for your house isn’t it? You can just sapu the whole cart back to your house and make your house full. Fullhouse!

Alright. Enough of silly craps. I’m here for the food, not to buy any decoratives. What do we have in the kitchen? Here’s the cutest menu booklet I’ve ever seen.



Cute isn’t it? The cover itself represents a thousand meaning of welcoming its guests.



My pick of the day - “Wok Sher Chicken Chop” @ RM15.90.

Basically it is a grilled chicken chop with a heavy taste of black pepper blended with raisins. Overall, the portion is small which comes together with mashed potato and slices of carrot. I pretty much did not like the taste as the heavy black pepper actually spoilt the sauce.

The taste’s so bad that I’ve to say the “black pepper taste” twice! Moto moto!~~~

Client’s order was much a better choice. The Gambery Spaghetti @ RM17.90.

Taste is fine, not too oily but moderate touch of ordinary spaghetti. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can cook this type of spaghetti. Again, selling at this price with such a small portion and only serving with 4 tiny shrimps, definitely not worth it. Imagine, a girl can complain that this serving is way too small, I can’t imagine if a guy ordered this. Sure TULAN like this mad King Kong.

Things start to get better with their beverage. This Peppermint Chocolate Ice Blended @ RM6.90 is pretty much out of the ordinary. I never thought the peppermint could blend so well without covering much of the chocolatey taste. Verdict: Cool drink, definitely my favourite.

Client’s choice was this Lavender Peppermint Tea @ RM4.90. I don’t know why but I can’t stand the lavender taste in a drink. For some people, it tastes really refreshing. For me, it tastes like a detergent soaked inside tea leaves Wahahahaha… Mr Yong(Client) liked it, so it doesn’t really matter for me.

Fullhouse’s concept of lifestyle store and cafe absolutely caught my eyes at first sight. But considering the price, I’d suggest you guys go there for lunch as they have a few set lunch ranging from RM10.90 to RM15.90 which comes together with an entree, ice cream as dessert and ice lemon tea. Additional RM1 will be charged for soup of the day together with the set lunch.

Cheers~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah kor..finally i see ur blog...haha..u seem like promoting fullhouse...